Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ela is 2 years old!



April 2nd was Ela's (Rob's daughter, my neice) 2nd birthday. It was a houseful at my parents' house. Rob and his family just moved to Spokane from Seattle and are staying at my parents' house while they look for a house. (Sound familiar? As soon as they move out, Danny will be home from his mission and will take their spot in the basement. It's a popular place!) Since they didn't know many people in Spokane yet, Rob invited lots of people that he'd met once or twice who have little kids and it made for a pretty huge party! We had dinner and then watched Ela open a pretty huge pile of gifts (the playdough won her heart!) and finished the night off with a delicious chocolate cake. Now, Sam has birthday fever. He can't stop talking about all of the things that he wants to do and get for his birthday. We went to Walmart this week and, after much begging, I took him to the toy section to look around for a few minutes. He walked up and down the aisles, looking around, tapping his chin and saying, "Hmmmm, what do I want for my birthday.... hmmm." It was too funny! The answer to the question changes everyday!

No comments: