Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy Birthday....To Me!!

It's true...Wednesday was my big day and it was a good one. Danny, my 21-year old brother, left a message on my cell phone that pretty much summed it all up, " Hope you have a great day and try not to feel too old!". Ah, the wisdom of our youth, or the sarcasim, hmmmm. I turned 27, a number that seemed to baffle Sam and he responded, "Wow, that's a lot!" (Sigh...) What can you say to that?

No, but really, I had and awesome day! My wonderful husband surprised me by taking the whole day off work. We started off the day with breakfast in bed, which is sometimes lonely, but I got to watch the Today show without Sam chattering my ear off. I'm such a nerd, but I love that show!

Joe had me open my gifts one at a time throughout the day, which made it fun. This was right after breakfast. That's a kickstand in Sam's hand, and no he's not about to hit me with it, even though that's kind of what it looks like!



This was after my shower, it was new running headphones for my Ipod. The boys loved helping open my presents! I was trying to show Andrew how it's done because his birthday is getting pretty close!
And a little later...


My birthday present from my in-laws was money so that I could go shopping for some new clothes, so Joe stayed home with the boys and sent me off shopping soon after breakfast. So fun, I've forgotten how easy it is to go places without the boys. Joe arranged for my mom to come over at lunchtime to babysit for the afternoon, which Sam was thrilled about. I was thrilled because I got to got go to lunch and spend the whole afternoon with just my hubby. What a treat! Thanks Mom!

This is one of the outfits that I got on my shopping trip. I don't love this picture of me, but I love the new outfit! Thanks to the Lodge folks!


For dinner we had a BBQ with my family and some friends from our old ward at our house. My parents gave me patio chairs (since I always have to borrow theirs when we have people over) and some Tupperware that I'd been hoping for (again, I'm a nerd but I was very happy)! Instead of cake, we had a cheesecake (from Costco, my favorite!) with fresh strawberries on it. Perfect!


Breanna, Bernie and Danny after dinner.


Jon and Andrew. Andrew seems to enjoy showing off just how big he can open his mouth!

Thanks again to everyone who helped make this a wonderful day, I truly felt loved and spoiled!

5 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Happy Birthday!!! I turned 27 last week - I had no idea we were so close. Hopefully 27 will treat us both well. :)

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday Chari! Wait 'til you turn 30 before you start feeling OLD...

Erin McSpadden said...

Happy B-day Chari! i have to go with what Val said too!

Amy said...

Chari I feel like such a jerk I didn't know it was your birthday. Sounded like you had a fun day and you look so cute. Wish I could go running with you but looks like I'm out for at least a month :(. We should go on a bike ride sometime although it is getting pretty hot these days. Hope you guys have a good fourth.

Heather said...

Chari!!! Happy Birthday, your so cute. That outfit is really realy cute! Glad you had a fun day. I think birthday should be birthweeks, or at least birthweekends!!!