Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tooth Drama

After school today the kids were out playing on the swingset, enjoying a short break in the rain. After a little while, I heard hysterically screaming coming from the backyard. I was sure that someone had died! Sam came charging into the house with his hand over his mouth and nose and blood streaming through his fingers. It took some convincing, but I was finally able to pry his hand away and saw that he had knocked out his front tooth and had a pretty good bloody nose. When he saw the blood all over his hand he totally lost it again! Andrew was next to him, also crying hysterically, I think that he though that Sam was dying. He kept saying, "Oh no, Sam has lots of blood!" Abby was standing by, very calmly saying "Oh, Sam got an owie!"

Once I got him cleaned up a bit, they both started calming down. We went out to the backyard to search for the tooth. Andrew found it in the grass, he knew right where to look. He was the hero!

Several hours later, when he was past the drama of it all, I finally got him let me take a picture. I told him he looked cute/cool with his tooth gone, but he didn't want to look in the mirror. When he finally did, he came out and said, "Mom, you're right. I do look pretty cute!"

It was an exciting and emotional afternoon! But, now the tooth is finally out. Now I don't have to bug him about wiggling it anymore!

No comments: