Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My big helper!

I've been doing LOTS of canning this year. It takes a long time and had to be timed just right so that I would have enough processing time before having to go and pickup up the boys from school at their respective times. On this particular day, Andrew decided that he wanted in on the action. And to my surprise, he was actually a huge help!

He had fun skinning the tomatoes and playing with the "slime" that was left in the sink...

Then, he got to squish them into the jars for me. At first he was a little timid about the squishing part, not sure if that's what I really wanted. But then I showed him again and he got into it! Notice how soaked is shirt is, even with the apron!


 We had a fun afternoon working together and he was so proud of the jars of tomatoes that he helped me produce!

No comments: