Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Little Super Heroes

We are going through a super hero phase at our house right now. I pulled out this old cape that I had when I was a kid and gave it to Sam a couple of weeks ago and he's barely taken it off since. He even insisted on wearing it when we went grocery shopping last week. He got lots of attention from people because, let's admit it, he looked dang cute and people couldn't help but commenting! He also likes the movie "The Incredibles" and calls me "Mommy Incredible". We'll go through whole meals where he insists on putting Incredible in front of everyone's names and won't answer me if I don't do the same for him. Pretty funny! We found these old superman PJ's that used to be Sam's and now fit Andrew which makes it even more fun, especially at bedtime. Sam gets way more excited about it than Andrew (like he knows what's really going on, he just knows that his big brother is excited so something cool must be happening, that's enough to make him happy!) Joe or I will carry Andrew and we'll "fly" around the house, capes trailing behind us. Okay, so Joe and I don't have our own capes (too bad) we just tuck blankets into the backs of our shirts, but you get the idea! Here are some more pictures of our super heroes in action...




Even superman gets sad sometimes...

...but he recovers quickly!

(Oh, and Andrew is walking everywhere now, he's been going for a couple of weeks, I've really got to get some video of it, it's so cute!)

Little boys are so much fun!!!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I love that you and Joe are tucking in blankets for capes! You guys are such fun parents!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE! I wish I could fly around the house with you! They're getting so darn big! I can't believe it. And I'm so glad I got to talk to you guys on Skype yesterday. I'll try and talk to you next weekend too, I might be addicted.

Amanda

Melanie said...

I bought some material to make the boys capes last christmas and I still haven't done it. I need to. Instead they just tie these receiving blankets, that Gabe has had since he was a baby, around their necks and "fly" around too.

Boys are fun? If crazy is fun, than I guess they are. Just kidding.

Michelle said...

I am excited for my little guy to come in December! Boys really do look like lots of fun! Good luck on your half marathon--you will be great!! Glad that things are going so well for you!

Nygards said...

Shari! Your boys are so cute! I can't believe how big Andrew has gotten. His eyes are beautiful. Where are you guys living now? Hope life is great!